The AccuBond® -Long Range (LR) bullet line was developed in response to the escalating demand from long-range hunters who were asking for a hunting bullet that could keep up with today’s level of high-grade optics and ultra-high velocity cartridges in order to stretch practical shooting yardages past 1,000 yards; yet still perform on big-game animals. In order to accommodate these extreme parameters, the AccuBond® -LR bullet was designed to have a minimum impact velocity of 1300fps in order to reliably expand or mushroom at those much longer distances, compared to the 1800fps minimum impact velocity of all other Nosler® hunting bullets. Now what about close range performance? Because the lead core is bonded to the copper jacket, the AccuBond®-LR bullet will hold up to extreme velocities. To further assist performance at such a wide range of impact velocities, the copper jacket is tapered, meaning it is thin at the nose, becoming much thicker towards the boat-tail base.
- Unique Gray Polymer Tip: Assures accuracy, smooth chambering and eliminates tip damage during recoil.
- Bonded Performance: Bonded for maximum weight retention and energy transfer
- Tangent Ogive: Promotes smooth feeding and consistent seating depths
- Reliable Expansion: Expansion across a broad range of velocities
- Boat Tail: Sleek, high-performance boat-tail
*When loading the AccuBond®-LR bullet, Nosler ballisticians have found that loading to the maximum SAAMI cartridge overall length tends to provide best accuracy.